November will continue the trend of working on improvements to a couple of different games.
My goal is to add a new level of polish to some of our smaller games so that they look more professional than ever. This effort involves updating the graphics and adding new animations and sounds. Most of it is newer territory for me, but progress is going well so far and I'm really looking forward to learning more new ways to make our games shine :)
- New art is on the way! Finding a new artist for Plotz has been in the works for awhile now, but I'm happy to say that I'm now working with Eoghan Cowan! Plotz will be getting a new perspective and all new art so that it will look more appealing and professional.
- This Nuclear Compost classic game has gotten a new look. I tried to give it a much more modern design with some shading and rounded corners. I think the result is much more attractive!
- In case you're sensing a trend, yep, Scorpio Solitaire has updated graphics.
- I also started reworking the engine of this game to allow for animations, but it won't be ready for release until some time in November. The early results are looking great though!
- Oh yeah, and a whole new game!!
- Graveyard Match is a simple, Halloween themed Match-3 game.
- This game was a sort of test-bed for some of my new strategies including using open art and sound, as well as technical work for animating graphics.
November will continue to bring updates to multiple different games. Here is the general plan right now:
- Plotz will get some back-end work done to get ready for the new graphical perspective, but probably nothing new will be release-ready yet.
- Scorpio Solitaire will be released with new graphics and will be animated for the first time!
- Boxos will also be updated to allow for animations.
- A few updates to the website, mostly related to the base Games page to make it look decent!