- The game now has a more compact format so it will fit better on smaller screens.
- The player's starting area for farming is now smaller to encourage a focus on having few crops to start with.
- Basic weather effects are in place which makes the game feel a little bit more alive.
- The tutorial was completely overhauled based on feedback from testers. It will now walk you through using the actual game engine so that you get your hands on the game and learn as you go. This was a big effort but definitely well worth it. There are a few more things that I'm probably going to add to it, and it needs some polish but let me know what you think of it so far.
- The Tool Shed menu has been simplified to be a single menu instead of 2 tabs. Given the low volume of items needed at the start of the game, I thought this would just be a nice streamline and give new players one less thing to worry about.
- The UI for the nutrient bars has been changed to be vertical instead of horizontal, and is now color-coded.
- Buildings have been made bigger so the scale looks a little bit more reasonable. Some buildings have a new look.
The new version of Plotz is all polished up and ready for play!
Due to the scope of changes for this version, saved games from the original demo will not be transferable, sorry!
Here's all of the big new stuff: